Last modified: July 17, 2017
COLLECTION OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
As a visitor to the Site, you can engage in many activities without providing any Personal Information.
However, when you order products or services as a My Legacy Matters, Inc. subscriber, we may collect the following Personal Information from you:
- Contact information such as your name, phone and fax numbers, address and email address; and
- Billing information such as the number, expiration date, card type and billing address of your credit card; and
- Demographic information such as your organization name, title/grade, and organization type.
Depending upon the activity, some of the information that we ask you to provide is identified as mandatory and some as voluntary. If you do not provide the mandatory data with respect to a particular activity, you will not be able to engage in that activity.
As is true of most websites, when you use the Site, My Legacy Matters, Inc. or third parties authorized by My Legacy Matters, Inc. may also collect certain technical and routing information about your computer to facilitate your use of the Site and its services. For example, we may log environmental variables, such as browser type, operating system, CPU speed, and the Internet Protocol (IP) address of your computer. We use these environmental variables to facilitate and track your use of the Site and its services. My Legacy Matters, Inc. also uses such environmental variables to measure traffic patterns on the Site. To better understand the needs of our visitors to the Site we may occasionally match such information with your Personal Information.
In order to reduce errors in our database, authenticate our users, and prevent abuse of our system, we may on occasion supplement the Personal Information you submit to us with information from third-party sources. For example, we may supplement your contact information with address information provided by the U.S. Postal Service to qualify your information and prevent errors in our database.
INFORMATION SHARING WITH SERVICE PROVIDERS / AGENTS
My Legacy Matters, Inc. uses one or more outside credit card processing companies to bill you for our goods and services. To the best of our knowledge, these companies do not retain, share, store or use personally identifiable information for any other purpose.
We also share information with certain companies that perform services on our behalf. We only share the information which is necessary for them to perform those services. We require any company with which we may share information to protect that data in a manner consistent with this policy and to limit the use of such information to the performance of services for My Legacy Matters, Inc.
We do not sell or otherwise provide Personal Information to other companies for the marketing of their products or services.
HOW YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION IS USED
- Process your financial transactions.
- Send you order confirmations.
- Respond to customer service requests, questions and concerns.
- Administer your account.
- Send you requested product or service information.
- Keep you informed about special offers and services of My Legacy Matters, Inc. and subsidiary companies.
- Administer promotions and sweepstakes you enter and notify you of the results.
- Investigate, prevent or take action regarding illegal activities and/or violations of our Terms of Service.
- Meet our research and product/service development needs and to improve our Site, services and offerings; and
- Customize your experience, including targeting our services and offerings to you.
In certain situations, My Legacy Matters, Inc. may be required to disclose personal data in response to lawful requests by public authorities, including to meet national security or law enforcement requirements.
We further reserve the right to disclose your information as required by law (e.g., to comply with a subpoena, warrant, court order, or legal process served on My Legacy Matters, Inc. ) and when we believe that disclosure is necessary to protect our rights, avoid litigation, protect your safety or the safety of others, investigate fraud, and/or respond to a government request. We may also disclose information about you if we determine that such disclosure should be made for reasons of national security, law enforcement, or other issues of public importance.
The Personal Information that you provide in connection with the use of the Site is protected in several ways.
- Access by you to your account profile is available through a password and unique customer ID selected by you. This password is encrypted. You should strive to use a strong, alpha-numeric password which you should not divulge to anyone.
- Your information resides on a secure server that only selected My Legacy Matters, Inc. personnel and contractors have access to via password.
- When you enter sensitive information (such as credit card number) on our registration or order forms, we encrypt that information using secure socket layer technology (SSL).
We strive to protect the Personal Information submitted to us, both during transmission and once we receive it. No method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage, is 100% secure, however. While we use commercially acceptable means to protect your information, we cannot guarantee its absolute security.
If you have any questions about security on our Web Site, you can send email to us at info@MyLegacyMatters.us
Your email address will not automatically be posted on the Forums unless you modify the default setting to permit that. Your email address will then be available to all persons accessing the Forums. In addition, any information that you choose to include in your profile can be viewed by all visitors to the Forums. You can change your profile here.
LINKS TO 3RD PARTY SITES
SOCIAL MEDIA WIDGETS
You can log in to our site using sign-in services such as Facebook Connect or an Open ID provider. These services will authenticate your identity and provide you the option to share certain personal information with us such as your name and email address to pre-populate our sign up form. Services like Facebook Connect give you the option to post information about your activities on this Web site to your profile page to share with others within your network.
We do not intend to solicit or collect Personal Information from anyone under the age of 18. If you are under 18 and do not have parental or guardian approval, do not enter information on this site or engage our services.
16. PRIVACY COMPLAINTS
My Legacy Matters, Inc.
5402 Gateway Plaza Dr.
Benicia, CA 94510